Dreamy Matcha Milkshake
So you’re craving a milkshake but can’t have dairy? We've come to the rescue!
This simple and versatile recipe looks like a smoothie but tastes like a milkshake! Frozen bananas are blended with creamy vanilla protein and non-dairy milk to create a rich, smooth delight. A dash of matcha green tea adds superfood nutrients, while spinach doubles the greens in this recipe! A not-so-guilty pleasure to enjoy anytime.
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: Creamy Matcha Smoothie
Total Prep Time: About 5 minutes
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sencha Naturals Organic Matcha Powder
- 1 handful spinach (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and slowly increase the speed (use the plunger to help move around ingredients if blades are not blending)
2. If needed, add 1 tbsp of milk at a time to keep the consistency creamy and thick.
3. Enjoy right away!
- Milk: Any non-dairy milk will work (soy, oat, coconut, rice, etc)
- Fruit: Can substitute bananas for other smoothie fruits (non-citrus): mangoes, peaches, nectarines, strawberries.
- Spinach: Other mild salad greens also work: kale, romaine, endives, butter lettuce, etc.