Matcha Egg Nog
Get into the holiday spirit with the help of green tea! Add a boost of matcha to your favorite eggnog for a little extra pep in your favorite holiday drink.
Don't worry about making your own eggnog- just grab your favorite brand and you're set! This recipe works with either hot or cold nog, and we give you a few ideas for different topping spices.
To make it vegan, simply use vegan nog and add dairy-free whipped cream on top, for a delightfully rich holiday treat!
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: Matcha Egg Nog
Prep Time: About 3 minutes
- 1 Cup egg nog, hot or cold
- 1 tsp Sencha Naturals Organic Everyday Matcha Powder
- Whipped cream
- Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Create a matcha shot (see notes) and stir into a cup of your favorite eggnog.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and/or nutmeg, and place a cinnamon stick on top if you’re feeling extra festive!
- Matcha Shot: To make a matcha shot, whisk matcha with a tablespoon of hot water until a smooth paste forms, with no clumps remaining. Pour matcha paste into glass and stir.
- Toppings: Alternate spice options include ground clove, allspice, cardamom, or pumpkin spice seasoning.