A modern take on a classic recipe! Only 5 easy steps to make this matcha-licious dessert.
Your favorite childhood dessert is your new adult indulgence with the addition of coconut oil and green tea powder. We infused traditional puffed rice cereal with Sencha Organic Matcha, and substituted butter with MCT-rich coconut oil for an added nutrient boost. Who knew Rice Krispy could be so sophisticated?
*For vegans/vegetarians: the entire recipe is vegan as long as you use vegan marshmallows (conventional ones contain gelatin).
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: Matcha Rice Krispies Treats
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Sencha Naturals Organic Matcha Powder
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. A loaf pan will make your treats taller and thicker.
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and coconut oil over medium heat and stir until completely melted. (Use a large enough pan/pot that will fit all of the puffed rice cereal)
- Add in the vanilla extract and matcha powder and stir constantly so the bottom of the pan doesn't burn or stick. Once mixture is well-combined, remove from heat.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into lined pan and refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
- Coconut Oil can be substituted with butter (3 Tablespoons) for a traditional recipe.
- Coconut oil and butter will harden in the refrigerator, so let treats stand at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Marshmallows can be substituted with 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 ounces).