Matcha Boba Tea
Create world-famous boba tea right at home! Sweet & chewy tapioca pearls are the highlight of this creamy, flavorful, tactile culinary sensation!
Also known as “Bubble Tea,” boba is a type of tea latte made with chewy, edible tapioca pearls. Our recipe incorporates matcha green tea powder for a satisfying umami flavor and added nutrient boost.
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: Matcha Boba Tea
Total Prep Time: About 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup dry tapioca pearls (AKA boba)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon Sencha Naturals Organic Matcha Powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar or honey (to sweeten boba)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Additional sweetener to taste
- Prepare tapioca pearls as per instructions on packaging. Then strain and cover with coconut sugar (or honey).
- Create a “matcha shot” by whisking matcha with a touch of hot water until a smooth paste forms, with no clumps remaining. Pour matcha paste into glass.
- Add milk, and stir in honey/maple syrup, a dash of vanilla extract, and sweeten to taste.
- Add ice if desired, and enjoy!
- Straws: Boba is traditionally enjoyed with wide-mouth straws, but you can also use a spoon to scoop the pearls. (Please see precaution below for young children.)
- Milk: Any dairy-free milk alternative will work.
- For vegan recipes, substitute honey with maple syrup
*Not recommended for younger children: Although boba is safe and edible, its small size may pose a choking hazard to children under 5. For older children, please have them consume boba only with a spoon, not a straw.