Let’s keep it simple! Here is a super easy matcha latte recipe to get you started on your green tea journey.
We’re making this recipe a whole latte simpler for you. We combine matcha and milk with just a bit of sweetener, and provide extra helpful tips at the bottom so you can adjust the recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: Easy Matcha Latte
Total Prep Time: About 3 minutes
- 1 Teaspoon Sencha Naturals Organic Matcha
- 8 ounces hot milk of your choice
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener of your choice
- Sift matcha powder into hot milk and stir vigorously (sifting prevents matcha from clumping).
- Add sweetener of your choice, stir thoroughly, and enjoy!
- Matcha Shot: Instead of sifting, another way to prevent matcha from clumping is to create a “matcha shot”: using a fork or small whisk, vigorously stir matcha with a touch of hot water until a smooth paste forms. Pour hot milk over this paste, stir thoroughly, and add sweetener as desired.
Sweeteners: You can use sugar, honey, stevia, monk fruit, even maple syrup.
Milk: Any variety will work, but please note that if using skim milk, you may want to add a creamer for a thicker consistency (e.g. heavy cream, half & half, coconut oil)
Frother: For best results, use a small electric whisk or hand frother to thoroughly blend all ingredients. You can also use a blender for maximum frothiness and consistency.
Ice: For iced lattes, combine all ingredients in a blender and pour over ice.
Whipped Cream: Top off your latte with a burst of whipped cream for an extra flair of creamy goodness.